Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

buster fails to detect network

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
oldunixgeek

buster fails to detect network

#1 Post by oldunixgeek »

I have a machine I use for testing distros and such, and about a month ago I installed buster (amd64-netinst) with no problems whatsoever, but just today
it failed to detect my network. I followed the link and 'supposedly' installed the e1000e driver, but still no joy. I have stretch 9.4 running on a different
drive and it uses the e1000e. The box is all Intel, a DB85FL board with a G3260.

This is just a heads up FYI for whoever handles such a thing. (I installed stretch and upgraded to buster to get dmd/dub and rustc/cargo, so I'm happy.)

Just btw, I've run all the major distros and although openSuSE is good, I still think Debian's the best, by far. Nice work, y'all. ;)

Cheerios.

debiman

Re: buster fails to detect network

#2 Post by debiman »

oldunixgeek wrote:Iit failed to detect my network. I followed the link and 'supposedly' installed the e1000e driver, but still no joy.
this isn't really a good problem description, and thus your "heads up" doesn't really have any meaning.
please clarify:
  • what link?
  • how exactly did you install the driver and why do say "supposedly"?
  • explain "still no joy"
each point should be documented with output.

and PS: not many debian developers here on the forums.
if you're serious about wanting to help, produce a valid problem description and submit it to one of the mailing lists.

PPS: problems with debian installer & e1000e driver (that's NOT wireless, right?) rings a faint bell. i'm sure you can find something on the 'net.