Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

screen freeze while installration

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
FateRover

screen freeze while installration

#1 Post by FateRover »

i bought a new brand notebook (clevo p650rp6 i7-6820hk nvidia 1060),when i start installing Debian stable, the screen get freezed, if i add parameters GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=1920*1080,the screen can goes on but with strange images( height of image is only 50px,and image repeat in width). except GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=1920*1080 everything has been tried,nothing help.i think this maybe a hardware issue for that it can be reproduced on almost all linux distro(arch,manjaro fedora mint) except ubuntu 18,anyone some advice for this, i want use debian ,thx

bw123

Re: screen freeze while installration

#2 Post by bw123 »

If this happens with text installer also, then I think it's a hardware issue that people will want to know about. There are other ways to install, they are described in the installation guide. I might try one of the daily build installers for buster if it was me.
resigned by AI ChatGPT

debiman

#3 Post by debiman »

so you already made a succesful install?

try starting grub with non-graphical console menu.

also:
https://www.startpage.com/do/dsearch?qu ... vidia+1060

FateRover

#4 Post by FateRover »

bw123 wrote:If this happens with text installer also, then I think it's a hardware issue that people will want to know about. There are other ways to install, they are described in the installation guide. I might try one of the daily build installers for buster if it was me.
DEBIAN TESTING IS THE SAME TEXT MODE IS THE SAME

debiman

#5 Post by debiman »

FateRover wrote:DEBIAN TESTING IS THE SAME TEXT MODE IS THE SAME
i don't understand this statement.
also USING ALL CAPS ON THE INTERNET IS CONSIDERED UNFRIENDLY.

please make an effort to provide some troubleshooting information.

FateRover

#6 Post by FateRover »

it is bug https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=156341, only ubuntu installation guidance interface can works well ,other distro will not(only black screen and hardcore freeze,acpi parameter also cannot make it work ), and ubuntu depends on debian,so is there some way to make debian installation guidance works
welll?