Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian 9.6 on an old Dell PowerEdge 860 Server.

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
leondante

Debian 9.6 on an old Dell PowerEdge 860 Server.

#1 Post by leondante »

Hello, I want to install it in this server but after the installer starts, it doesn't find the 'CD-ROM'. Is not a CD, is a USB well done and is the net install. I tried anyways burning a CD but didn't work either.

¿Can anyone help me with the issue?

¿Where can I try to start touching it to make it run?

Thanks.

bw123

Re: Debian 9.6 on an old Dell PowerEdge 860 Server.

#2 Post by bw123 »

Tried any of these solutions? good luck.
https://duckduckgo.com/html/?q=poweredge+boot+from+usb
resigned by AI ChatGPT

leondante

#3 Post by leondante »

Hello there, I just found the issue. I was using two equal USB drives when trying to install Debian or CentOS or anyother. For some hardware reason these both didn't were find by the installer when looking for files. I don't know why, but after changing to other different USB drive the installer run smoooooth and perfect. I tried a lot of things except this, so maybe next time I'll use a completely different drive and not exactly the same model but other one.

Thanks for supporting my not-so-wise question.

bw123

#4 Post by bw123 »

ah, thanks. I seem to remember an undocumented issue like that. If there are two usb or cdroms active the installer gets confused. I never did find out what the issue was. That good of you to post back what you found out, might help others in the future.
resigned by AI ChatGPT