Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Offline Debian 9 Installation

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
memecade

Offline Debian 9 Installation

#1 Post by memecade »

Hi,

I downloaded the ISO here and perform offline installation
https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/cu ... 64/iso-cd/

Found that sudo command not available.

Any idea how I can enable it ?

Thanks.

kevinthefixer

Re: Offline Debian 9 Installation

#2 Post by kevinthefixer »

Code: Select all

apt install sudo

memecade

#3 Post by memecade »

Thanks... got it working. Sorry, I am new to this.

Head_on_a_Stick

#4 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

To enable sudo in the initial installation do not enter a root password when prompted by the installer, sudo will then be installed and the first user will be added to the sudo group automatically.
deadbang

memecade

#5 Post by memecade »

I need to install the following component on the server

Code: Select all

sudo apt install apache2 libapache2-mod-php mariadb-client mariadb-server php php-bcmath php-cli php-common php-curl php-gd php-imagick php-json php-ldap php-mbstring php-mcrypt php-memcached php-mysql php-pgsql php-soap php-xml php-zip memcached unzip sudo moreutils
When I run it, I encounter further issue where I am not able to locate those packages

E: Unable to locate package apache2
E: Unable to locate package libapache2-mod-php
.... so forth

Is it possible for me to redirect the install to look at the CD ISO ?

kevinthefixer

#6 Post by kevinthefixer »

You need to look at /etc/apt/sources.list. Apache2 is in the repositories, but the repositories may not be in that file, and if not Apt won't look there. Do you have synaptic installed? It's a GUI frontend for Apt, still has a learning curve but it's a bit easier to manage.

GarryRicketson

#7 Post by GarryRicketson »

Is it possible for me to redirect the install to look at the CD ISO ?
Yes , see :https://wiki.debian.org/SourcesList
CD-ROM

If you'd rather use your CD-ROM for installing packages or updating your system automatically with APT, you can put it in your /etc/apt/sources.list. To do so, you can use the apt-cdrom program like this:
Also : https://manpages.debian.org/stretch/apt ... .8.en.html
DESCRIPTION
apt-cdrom is used to add a new CD-ROM to APT's list of available sources. apt-cdrom takes care of determining the structure of the disc as well as correcting for several possible mis-burns and verifying the index files.

It is necessary to use apt-cdrom to add CDs to the APT system; it cannot be done by hand. Furthermore each disc in a multi-CD set must be inserted and scanned separately to account for possible mis-burns.

Unless the -h, or --help option is given, one of the commands below must be present.

memecade

#8 Post by memecade »

Thanks for guidance. I managed to use apt cd-rom add to include my 3 DVD ISO and got all the components I wanted to be installed.
Hopefully, I did not miss anything as there are a whole bunch of text messages appearing.