Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

network auto configuration

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
MoMo

network auto configuration

#1 Post by MoMo »

Hi,
wifi card error during installation

if ignored it and complete will get this error eventually

used iso debian-live-buster-DI-rc1-amd64-gnome+nonfree from here https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unof ... onfree.iso
wifi card realtek 8822BE
laptop thinkpad e495 ,
cpu ryzen 3500u ,
gpu vega8

already tried > 7 others different iso's don't remember their names non worked
thanks.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: network auto configuration

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

MoMo wrote:wifi card realtek 8822BE
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2412431?

Realtek cards are crap under Linux generally though.
MoMo wrote:laptop thinkpad e495
Ha! I ordered an E485 just before the E495 was released and I was going to change the order but I decided to keep the older model because it's better not to try brand new hardware with Linux (and with Debian particularly).

The E485 came with an Atheros QCA9377, which worked when the non-free firmware was installed but it burnt itself out after a few weeks because it idled at 85°C

I've since swapped it out for an Intel AC9260 and that works superbly, perhaps try that?

I have to apply the ivrs_ioapic[32]=00:14.0 parameter to boot with a working graphics card, that might help with your boot error.

EDIT: and please replace those oversized images with links, we have forum users with limited bandwidth.

EDIT2: install the firmware-amd-graphics package to get X working for your Vega 8 graphics chip.
deadbang

p.H
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#3 Post by p.H »

MoMo wrote:if ignored it and complete will get this error eventually
What error ? I see no error in this screenshot. This is what tty1normally displays when you select graphic install, after the installation completes successfully and is about to reboot the system.
The only problem is that the machine does not reboot as requested. What happens if you remove the installation media and force a reboot ?
Head_on_a_Stick wrote:that might help with your boot error
Where do you see a boot error ?

Head_on_a_Stick

#4 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

p.H wrote:Where do you see a boot error ?
i presumed that the second screenshot was taken after the installed system was booted and the system was failing to load X.

I didn't notice the command line parameters that indicate it was taken while the system was booted with the ISO image, sorry about that OP.
deadbang