Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

My Keyboard not working

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
neweini

My Keyboard not working

#1 Post by neweini »

Hey,

I'm trying to install debian Wheezie on a new laptop and my keyboard don't work anymore past the main screen of the installer (when I select which install I wanna do, graphical, normal or expert)

It's a usb keyboard and it don't need drivers (it works in bios), have you any idea what's wrong and how could I use it please?

My mouse is usb too and works so Liteblue I tried to do a graphical install but the problem is that I need to type something while creating an account or a password for root so I really need the keyboard to work...

Please help me.
Last edited by neweini on 2019-12-28 14:40, edited 1 time in total.

None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

Re: My Keyboard not working

#2 Post by None1975 »

neweini wrote:I'm trying to install debian Wheezie on a new laptop and my keyboard don't work
Please help me.
And why don't you try to install a Debian Buster? Wheezie is not supported anymore.
Debian Wiki | DontBreakDebian, My config files on github

stevepusser

Re: My Keyboard not working

#3 Post by stevepusser »

None1975 wrote:
neweini wrote:I'm trying to install debian Wheezie on a new laptop and my keyboard don't work
Please help me.
And why don't you try to install a Debian Buster? Wheezie is not supported anymore.
Not to mention Wheezy probably won't even support most of the hardware on a new laptop.
MX Linux packager and developer