Something's not quite right with the installation image..

Help with issues regarding installation of Debian

Something's not quite right with the installation image..

Postby weikein » 2020-01-03 03:16

So I went to https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/cu ... 64/iso-cd/ to get the hybrid image to be written on a USB drive.
I'm on a Windows system, so I resorted to Win32DiskImager which has consistently worked well in the past and still works fine... except when
it comes to Debian image (specifically, the debian-10.0.0-amd64-xfce-CD-1.iso). At first I suspected Win32DiskImager to be the problem
which wasn't the case as I've tested with openSUSE and Archlinux isohybrid image and they worked without a hitch (even tried using Etcher just to confirm).
Then, I tried to verify the checksum of my image in case it got corrupted during download but it matches with the one listed for XFCE iso.

The problems? The resulting bootable drive isn't booting in UEFI. It can still boot though with a caveat... The boot option is labelled "Linpus Lite".
Isn't it weird for other distro's name to come up? A fedora-based distro no less. As of now, I'm thoroughly confused :?
weikein

Re: Something's not quite right with the installation image.

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » 2020-01-03 09:51

What is your hardware? If it was made after Debian 10 was released then it probably won't be supported (unsurprisingly).
Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Something's not quite right with the installation image.

Postby trinidad » 2020-01-03 14:36

Yes. What is your hardware? Acer built laps and notebooks for the Asian market with Linpus Linux pre-installed. UEFI entry was probably OEM (firmware native) even with Windows built machines.

TC
You can't believe your eyes if your imagination is out of focus.
trinidad

Return to Installation