Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian on HP-laptop x2-Detachable 10-p0XX

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
DanneA

Debian on HP-laptop x2-Detachable 10-p0XX

#1 Post by DanneA »

How I install Debian 10, Buster on my HP x2 Detachable 10-p0XX. The device name is Desktop-BIHCN97 with an Intel Atom x5-Z8350 CPU. 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor.
It is an UEFI-systems instead of the usual BIOS, witch made it complicated to the install process. I did disable all that has with the UEFI startup, I also clear all that could have with the UEFI function to do. I downloaded a live-debian-AMD64-KDE but did not succeed with the install. Missing was the DVD-writers firmware and also the firmware for the WIFI hardware in the computer.
The WIFI firmware on my computer was “iwlwifi-7265D” witch I found on InterNet when searching. After put this two firmware on the startup CD/USB it all went well. I had an DVD-burner connected to the system but empty and the ISO-file burnt to an USB-stick with the two extra firmwares on.
Many hours to find out how to get this to work, even days reading and trying over and over again.
Hope this make it easier for some one.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Debian on HP-laptop x2-Detachable 10-p0XX

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

DanneA wrote:Many hours to find out how to get this to work, even days reading and trying over and over again.
It took you days to read this section in the official installation guide? :?

Next time just search the interweb for "unofficial non-free debian iso images".

Also:
DanneA wrote:It is an UEFI-systems instead of the usual BIOS, witch made it complicated to the install process.
Why would that make the installation more difficult? The Debian buster ISO images fully support UEFI, even with Secure Boot enabled.
deadbang

DanneA

#3 Post by DanneA »

Yes it took me days because I am "green as grass" and there is millions of pages to go through, not just read them, I needed to value them also.
OK, I am learning but slowly...

Head_on_a_Stick

#4 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

DanneA wrote:there is millions of pages to go through, not just read them, I needed to value them also.
Pro tip: avoid random websites and instead rely on the official release notes & installation guide.
deadbang