Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian won't boot because of ACPI errors

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
Dfahwuehhwhe

Debian won't boot because of ACPI errors

#1 Post by Dfahwuehhwhe »

Hi, I'm new to debian and linux itself so I'm quite confused by everything. I had some issues with instalation process but at the end I finally got lucky and booted to GNU/GRUB v2.02. Everything was ok till this moment because my keyboard stoped responding but after a few reboots it finally started to respond, so I hit enter on the first selection and 4 Acpi errors popped out, I found out that it was common and I just need to add "noacpi" or "acpi=off" to /boot/grub/grub.conf but I cannot boot to neither tty nor gui because I'm stuck in grub without any way to boot in any kind of environment (after errors appear nothing is going on) so I have no Idea what to do! I'm doing it on my tablet with x64 intel atom (I don't remember exactly witch one) and I'm using live-cd version of debian.
Those errors I'm stuck on:

[2.990208] ACPI Error: No handler for Region [MIFG] (0000000057fcadbb) [GeneralSerialBus] (20180810/evregion-132)
[2.990323] ACPI Error: Region GenericSerialBus (ID=9) has no handler (20180810/exfldio-265)
[2.990407] ACPI Error: Method prase/execution failed \_SB.PCIO.I2C7.BATC.INTF, AE_NOT_EXIST (20180810/psparase-516)
[2.990509] ACPI Error: Method prase/execution failed \_SB.GPO3._E34, AE_NOT_EXIST (20180810/psparase-516)

Installer won't recognize my internet card so I don't have any internet in my machine...

Thanks for any help/advice
--Andrew

Sorry for my terrible English, I'm only learning it!

pylkko

Re: Debian won't boot because of ACPI errors

#2 Post by pylkko »

If the installer does not recognize your wifi card, it is likely because your card requires non-free firmware, so you need to install that.

Bloom
df -h | grep > 90TiB
df -h | grep > 90TiB

#3 Post by Bloom »

Use this version of Debian for your install: http://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimag ... so-hybrid/
Furthermore, do yourself a favor and never install any operating system via wifi. Always use a cable.

Head_on_a_Stick

#4 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Does adding 4 as a kernel command line parameter get you to a console screen? Have you tried the nomodeset kernel parameter? You may also need i915.modeset=0 for Intel cards.
deadbang

Dfahwuehhwhe

#5 Post by Dfahwuehhwhe »

Well, I don't know how to do it and also I'm using broadcom wifi adapter.

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

#6 Post by arochester »

Русскоязычное сообщество Debian GNU/Linux - https://debianforum.ru/

Dfahwuehhwhe

#7 Post by Dfahwuehhwhe »

Bloom wrote:Use this version of Debian for your install: http://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimag ... so-hybrid/
Furthermore, do yourself a favor and never install any operating system via wifi. Always use a cable.
No luck with that one either. But it seems like there's something with my cable or hardware because Installing gives an Error while trying to read from usb.

Bloom
df -h | grep > 90TiB
df -h | grep > 90TiB

#8 Post by Bloom »

That error means the system can't read your usb stick properly. What software and/or what command did you use to copy the iso file to an usb stick?

Dfahwuehhwhe

#9 Post by Dfahwuehhwhe »

Bloom wrote:That error means the system can't read your usb stick properly. What software and/or what command did you use to copy the iso file to an usb stick?
Rufus 3.9