Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How to debian installer USB

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
maximus1978

How to debian installer USB

#1 Post by maximus1978 »

Code: Select all

sudo dd bs=4M if=/path/to/<iso image file> of=</dev/USBstick> status=progress oflag=sync
This worked.

cuckooflew

Re: How to debian installer USB

#3 Post by cuckooflew »

Please note, that Debian advises not using "unetbootin" for this task. It can cause difficult-to-diagnose problems with booting and installing, so is not recommended.
Is there a question here ? Or what is the point in this, Is it supposed to be a "How to" of some sorts ?
And yes, both the first method, and the method in the https://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#write-usb work, I don't use the

Code: Select all

status=progress  
my self, I just run the basic'dd' command
Please Read What we expect you have already Done
Search Engines know a lot, and
"If God had wanted computers to work all the time, He wouldn't have invented RESET buttons"
and
Just say NO to help vampires!

RU55EL

#4 Post by RU55EL »

I assumed the original post is a"How to" because it's titled "How to Debian installer USB." The title is a little ambiguous, but easy enough to figure out after reading the post. I simply posted the instructions that I follow.

cuckooflew

#5 Post by cuckooflew »

Ok,that is what I thought as well, I just threw in the part about unebootin because often we do get people that say they used it and don't understand why it does not work.
Please Read What we expect you have already Done
Search Engines know a lot, and
"If God had wanted computers to work all the time, He wouldn't have invented RESET buttons"
and
Just say NO to help vampires!