Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Installing from debian-live-10.4.0-amd64-kde+nonfree.iso

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
sickpig

Re: Installing from debian-live-10.4.0-amd64-kde+nonfree.iso

#16 Post by sickpig »

AlienProber wrote:If you can't be of any real help DO NOT reply, bye.
ok, bye.

AlienProber

#17 Post by AlienProber »

sunrat wrote:You can get a full refund if it's not suitable for your needs. :mrgreen: Debian is a lot more hands-on to set up and tweak than MX.
Just looked at the Linked videos and have to say 19 is a far cry from 14 or 15 which was the last look I had at MX. I still prefer a KDE based system, but I have to be honest MX may be just what the doctor ordered for someone like my roommate who needs to stay away from the command-line as much as possible.

Head_on_a_Stick

#18 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

sunrat wrote:Head-On-A-Stick has a Buster netinstall image for newer hardware as well although netinstall may also be a bridge too far for noobies.
It comes with full instructions :mrgreen:
deadbang

MALsPa

#19 Post by MALsPa »

AlienProber wrote:Just looked at the Linked videos and have to say 19 is a far cry from 14 or 15 which was the last look I had at MX. I still prefer a KDE based system, but I have to be honest MX may be just what the doctor ordered for someone like my roommate who needs to stay away from the command-line as much as possible.
Have you looked at MX's KDE spin?

stevepusser

#20 Post by stevepusser »

MALsPa wrote:
AlienProber wrote:Just looked at the Linked videos and have to say 19 is a far cry from 14 or 15 which was the last look I had at MX. I still prefer a KDE based system, but I have to be honest MX may be just what the doctor ordered for someone like my roommate who needs to stay away from the command-line as much as possible.
It's only a beta right now, and we don't guarantee a beta will completely update itself to a released version. We're still finding and fixing small bugs with it.

The KDE beta and future release candidates are based on the AHS edition, though. The AHS has been quite successful so far.
MX Linux packager and developer

AlienProber

#21 Post by AlienProber »

stevepusser wrote:
MALsPa wrote:
It's only a beta right now, and we don't guarantee a beta will completely update itself to a released version. We're still finding and fixing small bugs with it.

The KDE beta and future release candidates are based on the AHS edition, though. The AHS has been quite successful so far.
How recent is the framework and the desktop?

AlienProber

#22 Post by AlienProber »

MALsPa wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion.