Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

SOLVED - Debian Buster custom UEFI Live USB

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Debian Buster custom UEFI Live USB

#16 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

kkman007 wrote:From what I have learned... if you want to create your own live cd/usb with full secure boot support YOU MUST have signed keys which can ONLY be done my Microsoft.
^ This is not true.

As I have already mentioned the Debian buster kernel, modules and bootloader are all signed with Microsoft's key so as long as you use them then your USB stick will support Secure Boot. Try the ISO image linked in my signature or the one from my website if you don't believe me, I don't pay a penny to create those images but they both support Secure Boot both for the live environment and the installed system.
deadbang

kkman007

Re: SOLVED - Debian Buster custom UEFI Live USB

#17 Post by kkman007 »

I bow my head in shame. Thankyou for repeating you comment, it did not get through to me the first time.

My build is not a live-build so I was trying to do the same using basic debootstrap and chroot. I have been focusing on build a minimal build, currently under 400MB with LXDE and a chromium browser and had problems getting my head around live-build configuration.

So I need to look at what the live-build is doin and try to add the missing elements to my build. I will use your build to try and learn the inner working of live-build as you seem to have done a great job wih your work.

I may be slow, but I am getting there.

*** SOLVED ***

Thanks to everyone with the help you gave. After some more time working through the problem I was able to get my Live USB working with Buster 10.5

Just finished a write up of how I created a Live Debian Buster 10.5 Secure Boot USB
https://medium.com/@koroshkiptar/live-u ... 5395c709c0