Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian doesn't recognize Ethernet card B550M during install

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
t0w3rh0u53

Debian doesn't recognize Ethernet card B550M during install

#1 Post by t0w3rh0u53 »

My system consists of a B550M AORUS PRO-P motherboard. I tried installing Debian Desktop 10.6 as a dual boot, but during the installation it doesn't recognize my Ethernet card. I tried the nonfree edition without success. I cannot find the correct Realtek driver in this list, either.

It seems I am able to download the Linux drivers from the Realtek website, which is the 8125, I suppose.

Any thoughts on how to get my Ethernet card running during the installation?

Thanks in advance!

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Debian doesn't recognize Ethernet card B550M during inst

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

That hardware is too new for Debian buster's ageing kernel. Perhaps try my backports image, that might work but I should probably update it.
deadbang

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

#3 Post by arochester »

RTL8125B? Or go for Bullseye and firmware-realtek - https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/firmware-realtek

Could you get Wi-Fi to work before Ethernet?

t0w3rh0u53

#4 Post by t0w3rh0u53 »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:That hardware is too new for Debian buster's ageing kernel. Perhaps try my backports image, that might work but I should probably update it.
Thanks for the quick response! I will definitely look at your backports image. In the mean time I was kinda looking at Arch as well.... tough times call for tough measures haha.
But good to know it's just that the hardware is too new.
arochester wrote:RTL8125B? Or go for Bullseye and firmware-realtek - https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/firmware-realtek

Could you get Wi-Fi to work before Ethernet?
Thank you! Now I see buster-backports contains it as well... By the way, I don't have WIFI on my desktop, just Ethernet.

stevepusser

#5 Post by stevepusser »

Since you have a newer system, the graphics system may or may not present an issue. Any AMD graphics will require firmware-amd-graphics from the non-free section of backports: https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/fi ... d-graphics
MX Linux packager and developer