Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

WIne fails to install Office 2010

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
coco45

WIne fails to install Office 2010

#1 Post by coco45 »

I installed Wine from synaptic plus winehp , wine 32 .... and others as per miscellaneous website and Wine / Play on linux works for certain softs like Kompozer or other exe but impossible to install Office 2010 ; or from the Play on Linux menu or from "other program " ( with office on my HD or CD ) !
It still fails " impossible to install your program "
I have Wine on an another distro ( Mint) and office 10 is installed ans works , then I suppose it's an insttallation matter ; On Mint there is a repository comming from Open Suse , not very clear for me , but it works ........ Any idea , or a specific
I would like to install alls my application workinf on Mint on Debian ( Virtual box , multisysteme, ....etc ) and Wine is the only one not working for Office.
Desktop: Triple boot Mint/Cinnamon+Arch Lxde +Debian10 Xfce -Win7 in VM
Hard:Gigabyte GA-H81M-HD3- CPU Intel G3220-Ram :8Go -GC :Intel Xeon E3-1200 -HD :500Go
Laptop : AntiX + Arch +Xp
Hard: EeePC Asus 1005pxd-CPU:Atom -N455-Ram 1Go-HD 260 Go

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

Re: WIne fails to install Office 2010

#2 Post by arochester »

(I'm sorry this doesn't answer your question, but...)

I would be interested to know what you get from a 12-year-old proprietary, Microsoft Office, that you can't get from a native Linux app.

coco45

#3 Post by coco45 »

I use mainly MS for some macros (written with excel ) and also to manage xml sheets , which is quite more complex ( for me at the date ) with LO
I try to replace ms office by LO , hope I could perform it in a few months ....
Hard:Gigabyte GA-H81M-HD3- CPU Intel G3220-Ram :8Go -GC :Intel Xeon E3-1200 -HD :500Go

pcalvert

#4 Post by pcalvert »

Did you try following the information in the HowTo section of this web page?:

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=17336

Phil
Freespoke is a new search engine that respects user privacy and does not engage in censorship.

coco45

#5 Post by coco45 »

After new attemps the installation now fails with such msg :
" msiexec.exe has encountered a serious problem and must be closed ; we apologise ..........."
Then there is txt file for error report but except binary data , nothing to help me .
Also at the beginning of the install I have a message like" cdrom is mounted with noexec option , then it could avoid wine to work correctly ...." infortinately , this option does not appear in the fstab !as the install continue , I suppose it's only indicative ?
Here a copy of my fstab ( as per install , not modified ):
"/dev/sr0 /media/cdrom0 udf,iso9660 user,noauto 0 0" ; what is udf ?

also copy of the end of error report file:
"00000238 (D) C:\windows\system32\msiexec.exe
00000244 0
000002b8 0 <==
000002bc 0
0000017c msiexec.exe
0000016c 0
System information:
Wine build: wine-6.0
Platform: x86_64
Version: Windows 7
Host system: Linux
Host version: 4.19.0-13-amd64 "
The licence kay is well accepted, then there still work to clear that matter ; note I have installed others exe applis , and it works ...

pcalvert

#6 Post by pcalvert »

You should try following the instructions I gave you (see above). Also, you can copy the contents of the CD to a directory on your computer and run the installer from there.

Phil
Freespoke is a new search engine that respects user privacy and does not engage in censorship.

bester69

#7 Post by bester69 »

coco45 wrote:I installed Wine from synaptic plus winehp , wine 32 .... and others as per miscellaneous website and Wine / Play on linux works for certain softs like Kompozer or other exe but impossible to install Office 2010 ; or from the Play on Linux menu or from "other program " ( with office on my HD or CD ) !
It still fails " impossible to install your program "
I have Wine on an another distro ( Mint) and office 10 is installed ans works , then I suppose it's an insttallation matter ; On Mint there is a repository comming from Open Suse , not very clear for me , but it works ........ Any idea , or a specific
I would like to install alls my application workinf on Mint on Debian ( Virtual box , multisysteme, ....etc ) and Wine is the only one not working for Office.
I think you would do something like this.:
0. Create a playonlinux 32bits prefix, using (1.6.2 or 3.4 wine version)

1. Install components with winetricks:
export WINEPREFIX="/home/myuser/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/Office2010/"
export WINEARCH="win32"
1- sudo apt-get install winbind
2- winetricks dotnet20 msxml6
3- winetricks corefonts msxml3

2. Set winecfg
msxml6  (native)
riched20(native)
gdiplus (native)

** I dont remember if it was neccesary to use windowsXP (winecfg) for installing iso process and then switching to Windows7 before first launch of Office2010..

** I think to remember wine 1.6.2 works very well for installation process

** every 3 months or so , you will have to run OSPPREARM.exe to rearm Office trial period.., after 3 rearms It will stop working anymore so you need to backup your installation before rearm process so you can keep using office.

I can tell you is not easy to install, any small thing you do in a different way you get crash or not.. Ive installed with playonlinux, but I think Install better with just wine and winetricks.. i was able to move prefix to playonlinux but install better with just wine
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

LE_746F6D617A7A69

#8 Post by LE_746F6D617A7A69 »

I would say that instead of trying to launch outdated MS Office 2k10 on WINE, You should spend some time on moving Your docs and upgrading Your experience to LibreOffice ... ;)
In the long run, this will positively pay-off in many aspects, like f.e. in case when You'll need to edit a PDF file: starting from v6.0, the LibreOffice includes the best-in-class PDF editor (at least I've never seen/used a better one) (and I've used both Adobe <total crap & unstable> and Foxit - very good, but not as good as the LO PDF editor)
Bill Gates: "(...) In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out listings of their operating system."
The_full_story and Nothing_have_changed