Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Getting desktop to work with Intel NUC

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
kyle_kon

Getting desktop to work with Intel NUC

#1 Post by kyle_kon »

Has anyone have success in getting a working Debian desktop environment for Intel NUC? I did a fresh installation on my NUC i5 10th Gen and selected Xfce+desktop environment. After install and boot, it just hangs with a blinking cursor. Booting to tty mode works though

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Getting desktop to work with Intel NUC

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

10th generation (or newer) Intel doesn't work with Debian buster. Try bullseye instead but be aware that the branch is now frozen and so won't receive any security fixes until the release of Debian 11.

This specific question has been asked here several million times since that generation of Intel processor was released, you really need to work on your search-fu.
deadbang

kyle_kon

Re: Getting desktop to work with Intel NUC

#3 Post by kyle_kon »

Thanks for the info. I apologize for repeating a question that had been asked many times. I'm a newbie to Linux trying our different distros. Had no luck on searching a suitable answer on people's experience installing Debian Buster on a 10th Gen Intel. Didn't realize that issue is specific to Intel/integrated graphics.