Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Installing sarge with kernel image 2.6.8???????

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
ogmios

Installing sarge with kernel image 2.6.8???????

#1 Post by ogmios »

Can someone help? the last time I did an install of sarge, and I got to the stage af either partitioning or base system install, and somehow I was presented with an option of installing sarge with a choice of different kernels, ranging from 2.4.? to 2.6.8. Can some please tell me what I did to get this option, as I am in need of doing a complete install and using the 2.6.8 kernel solved all or most of my problems. Please help somebody!!!!!!!!

Terje

#2 Post by Terje »

Think you are a bit confused :)

You boot from cdrom, and then you get a prompt.

Pressing enter will give you the basic install wich means the 2.4.x kernel.

If you want the 2.6.8 kernel, you need to enter linux26 (I believe). For extra options just use the F-keys.
Registered Linux user number 391283.

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity.