Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian 3.1/XP

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
LinkRJH

Debian 3.1/XP

#1 Post by LinkRJH »

I'm looking to duel boot Debian and XP. My hard drive is 55gb.

My original partition idea was 15gb to XP in NTFS, 15gb to Linux, and 25gb in FAT32, so I could use the files on both boots. However, I just finished downloading the 2 DVD's for Debian 3.1 and am not sure if 15gb will be a sufficient amount of memory, as the DVD's together are approximately 8.48gb.

Suggestions?

Thank you.

Terje

#2 Post by Terje »

If you read a few topic about the debian installation, you'll see there no way you'll need to install all of the software on the dvd's. Most likely you won't even use 20% on it. So 15 GB for your debian installation will surely suffice, don't worry :)
Registered Linux user number 391283.

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity.