Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Can't select options

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
Gfinlay

Can't select options

#1 Post by Gfinlay »

Using either the minimum install CD, a two cd set from Berkley U, and a cd that came with Debian Bible 3.1, I get the same problem.

When I get to the stage in the install where I have to select a package group from a list, or later when I have to select screen resolution options, I can see the list of options:

Opt 1 [ ]
Opt 2 [ ] etc,

and I can move the cursor up and down from the keyboard, but I can't enter any character to select.

I have tried different keyboards, removing my KVM switch, UK and UK layouts, reloaded loads of time, every key, then again with shift and ctl, trying to delete first.

Apart from this, the keyboard works fine in text and graphics environments (e.g. Gnome).

I know I can work without this, but I am very curious as to what could be causing the problem.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.
Gordon

dawgie

Re: Can't select options

#2 Post by dawgie »

Gfinlay wrote:I can see the list of options:

Opt 1 [ ]
Opt 2 [ ] etc,

and I can move the cursor up and down from the keyboard, but I can't enter any character to select.

Gordon
The spacebar is usually used to select/unselect.

#3 Post by Guest »

Now this could be embarassing, that is the one thing I think I may have overlooked. Thanks, I will try it tonight.