Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

nForce 4 chipset drivers

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
ufster

nForce 4 chipset drivers

#1 Post by ufster »

Hi all, I am new to Debian and this forum. I have recently downloaded the dvd of Sarge AMD64 version. I have used Linux for three years but never used anything beside Fedora and Suse so far. I wanted to learn more about Linux and decided installing a Debian system is what I needed. However I am having trouble with my nforce 4 network card (nvidia's own) as it is not recognized at all during installation. My other network card (marvell yukon)is recognized fine but I want to use nvidia network because of it's advanced firewall engine.
If it's possible, I want to be able to install nforce4 drivers during installation before the installer asks me about my network settings. So any help will be appreciated.

Harold

#2 Post by Harold »

Ahh, the bleeding edge of technology. I suggest that you post your question to the Debian-Boot Mailing List.