Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

cant install 3.1

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
blakkenday

cant install 3.1

#1 Post by blakkenday »

i cant figure out what is wrong. i put the cd in my drive, it loads to the debian installer( press f1 for help, or enter to boot) i press enter, it looks like its loading then nothing. the hard drive i am usung had some files from xp on it, could that be the problem?

Harold

#2 Post by Harold »

Not much here to go on... Old computer? Unusual hardware? Laptop? Try again, and when you get to the initial splash screen, review the various F-key options. At the very least, you want to enter expert26 instead of just pressing the enter key. Don't worry about individual files on the hard drive, but do you have sufficient un-partitioned room on the hard drive to install Linux?

anon

#3 Post by anon »

Try linux26, there's no point in going to expert mode just yet.

grautu

Re: cant install 3.1

#4 Post by grautu »

blakkenday wrote:the hard drive i am usung had some files from xp on it, could that be the problem?
Do you have free room to install in? How does your HDD look like (I mean what partitions do you have on it)?