Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

installing dependence

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
Null

installing dependence

#1 Post by Null »

hi, my name is ivan, and im novice debian user.

well, my problem is as follows:

i wanna install cairo from source, as i see in documentation, png functions isnt nessesary, however i installed libpng12-0_1.2.8rel-1_i386.deb with dpkg "sudo dpkg -i package". This works fine, but when i do ./configure into cairo's directory this dont detect png functions, but this is not the problem, i can make & make install cairo without any problem. But when i try to install pango, first i do ./configure, this create all make file succeful, and the line show me :
configuration:
backends: FreeType Cairo

ok, i folllow with make command, and this finish with an error
undefined reference to `cairo_surface_write_to_png'
i have already find this problem and i encountered that cairo-png.c is not compiled, so, libtool cant create cairo-png.lo to include the cairo-png.o.
i think this problems is because cairo installation dont detect png funciotns, but this is very weird because i am sure that i installed pnglib :?

if any ca help me, i apprecitae very much ever

bytes

dawgie

#2 Post by dawgie »

You probably need the libpng12-dev package.