Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

mouse problems

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.

mouse problems

#1 Post by Guest »

well, i'm not exactly sure if this is the right section to post this, but if not it will be moved anyway. so here it goes. well i got debian all up and running, but my mouse isn't working properly. i'm sure i set it up right. i went through it again and checked. whats happening is that in the X environment, whenever i try to move the mouse if i move it for more than an 1/8(generally) of the length of my screen my cursor skips to another part of the screen, and also if the mouse goes over something, and a click it won't bring it up (this is when i manage to actual get the mouse over what i want to click on) yet sometimes when i move my mouse and the cursor skips, like 5 things open up all at once. any suggestions?

startx

#2 Post by startx »

well i got debian all up and running,
congratulations.... :-)

but your problem:
what mouse is that ( serial ps/2 usb ...?)

if you post the "mouse part" of your XF86Config it might help to
solve the problem ..
debian squeeze for everyday life, many other versions for the rest