Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Package conflict during install of Sarge

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
Oracle

Package conflict during install of Sarge

#1 Post by Oracle »

Hi everyone... I got a problem. I decided to install Sarge on my main computer, because the test on a special machine was a success. So I used the same CD for the install, but during the install, it stops and says : Package Conflict between libreadline-common and libreadline4. The problem is that nothing of the base-config is done. If I try to use base-config after the install, it says me the same problem.

So, what's the matter with Sarge ? Why just when I'm trying to install it on my main machine ? Is there a solution ?

Thx

kryptos

#2 Post by kryptos »

Have tried to install it again? I mean re-install?

Jasper

Oracle (not logged)

#3 Post by Oracle (not logged) »

Yes, of course... I've been trying to install and reinstall for two days... I'm fed up with that thing... I've got only problems... fonts are ugly, basic tools are not installed, nothing is working as I want...

I tired... and the worst thing is... I don't understand why !

trave11er

Re: Package conflict during install of Sarge

#4 Post by trave11er »

Oracle wrote:I used the same CD for the install, but during the install, it stops and says : Package Conflict between libreadline-common and libreadline4.
Hi,

This problem has been already reported, see http://bugs.debian.org/279366 . Being a release-critical bug, it will probably get fixed fairly soon.