Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Freex86

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.

Freex86

#1 Post by Guest »

Please help me.

Important: I have a geforce 4 graphics card. How do I install debian with latest Xfree86 so supports my graphics card?

I'm trying to install debian woody r3. The thing is though after install debian, the X server trys to start and doesn't. When I look at the error report it says only support from Geforce 1 to Geforce 3.

bakufu

#2 Post by bakufu »

Have you installed nvidia drivers?
I cant remember now how u can do that, but there was a thread for that at Tips And trick's if i remember right :)
Dont fix it if it works!

#3 Post by Guest »

The problem is I have like Xfree86 4.1 something. I need Xfree86 4.4 which supports Geforce 4 graphics card. How do I install xfree86 4.4 when the woody r3 has only xfree864.1 Please help me out :(.

#4 Post by Guest »

WOOT! I fixed the problem used sarge. Old debian installer suxs. Sarge will be implementated in ten days. Thxs anywayz for trying to help me. Ta Bye WOOT!

Roeland

#5 Post by Roeland »

Anonymous wrote:WOOT! I fixed the problem used sarge. Old debian installer suxs. Sarge will be implementated in ten days. Thxs anywayz for trying to help me. Ta Bye WOOT!
Ta bye woot to you too...

Nothing wrong with the old installer m8, just make sure you do some proper research. Woody isn't really useful for Desktop environments, you'd better use testing or unstable (which I do) for those purposes.

-Roeland
Science Center
Debian GNU/Linux flowing through my veins

#6 Post by Guest »

Nothing wrong with the old installer m8, just make sure you do some proper research.

I did do proper research research tool! :roll: I new stuff graphicscard etc eg) graphics card is Geforce 4 mx 460 which is nv. Know H and V. I known all that kind of stuff for install. The old installer is crap that's why their ditching it in ten days. :mrgreen: .

#7 Post by Guest »

I knew the not I new stuff for above reply

Roeland

#8 Post by Roeland »

Anonymous wrote:I knew the not I new stuff for above reply
...using bable fish won't even help me out with this one...

Well, however, hopes it works all fine for you :)

-Roeland
Science Center
Debian GNU/Linux flowing through my veins