Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Problems with scripts

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
Ifil

Problems with scripts

#1 Post by Ifil »

Hi, i'm experiencing strange problems with apt-build. Today I installed it, and I was able to install amsn this way, compiling it, but I later tried any other package (after upgrading my packages (apt-get upgrade)), but the script (configure or whatever script) fails when triyng to compile, for example, when trying to get the default executable name of GCC:

checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables

I saw that when executing gcc command, it puts garbage in the execution line, for example, trying to build cpudyn:

make[1]: Entering directory `/var/cache/apt-build/build/cpudyn-1.0'
gcc -O2 -fkeep-inline-functions -Waggregate-return -Wnested-externs -Wtrigraphs -c cpudynd.c
gcc:èþ·: No existe el fichero o el directorio

Look at command: gcc:èþ·: (no such file or directory...), I know that "file?" doesn't exist, but, why this kind of garbage in the call??
If I go to the build directory: /var/cache/apt-build/build/cpudyn-1.0/ and execute:
./debian/rules build. I have no errors and it works perfectly, so, gcc works, but the problem is with the scripts or with commands used for running scripts :s
Can someone help me? I'm using Debian SID (apt mirror: mirrors.kernel.org).
Sorry if you find mistakes in my text, i'm spanish, but I had no answer in debian spanish forums.
Thanks in advance.

Ifil

Solved

#2 Post by Ifil »

Forget it, it was easy to fix, i had reinstalled gcc and all gcc related packages, but it didn't solve anything, then i tried to dpkg-reconfigure apt-build, and after answering again some questions, it started to work :D
Bye