Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Apt configuration problem during installation

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
gunncyclopedia

Apt configuration problem during installation

#1 Post by gunncyclopedia »

Hi everyone,

I had a box running Woodly, while i would like to fresh install Sarge into another box. i was using Sarge rc3 netinstaller and everything was fine, however when things come to Apt configuration, it cannot find any mirrors. I pinged every PC within my network (routed by D-Link ADSL router) and got positive responses, but i am not able to ping any Ip outside this network.

I tried woody installer on the same pc, the same problem.

the PCs' ip addresses: 192.168.1.3 192.168.1.4 192.168.1.48
Router's internal address 192.168.1.1
Sarge installation pc IP address: 192.168.1.253

i suspect it might be the problem of the Lan card, so i did the same install to my box which was working fine under Woody, this time the same thing happened again! i cannot get the Woody back because i was installing on the same harddisk mistakenly. :cry:

Could anybody tell me what might the problem be and how could i solve it? I am pretty new to Debian.

Thanks a million.

lacek

#2 Post by lacek »

First, try to ping just IP addresses, not names. So, try
ping 128.101.80.133
instead of
ping ftp.debian.org.
Maybe you just have a simple nameserver issue here...