Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian Xfree86 Error: screen not found

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
pears0

Debian Xfree86 Error: screen not found

#1 Post by pears0 »

OK, I am using Debian Sarge. I installed fine, mad sure the monitor was set to a resolution and frequancy that will work with mine on medium setting and used the Vesa display driver. I have made several attempts at the install ad still the same error when the OS trys to run Xfree86 and I get that error after it makes around 3 - 4 attempts.

Help please. And I am a n00b at this, I have no ideas for Kernal commands so please be patient with me.

Is there any possib;e way of downloading the latest nVidia drivers during the instal as it dose pick up my broadband connection fine.

sprucio

#2 Post by sprucio »

What type of video card do you have? If you have an nVidia card, you can always use the "nv" driver from XFree86. You won't get the greatest 3D graphics but the 2D stuff should work just fine.

pears0

#3 Post by pears0 »

I can get it working now, but only if I update Deb whilst doing the install. Thanx ne ways.