Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Is there a way to get my floppy drive work properly?

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
piff

Is there a way to get my floppy drive work properly?

#1 Post by piff »

Hi! I would have thought that a floppy drive is nuts. Well in this wonderful OS, full of challenges, it isn't.

Is that right that the /floppy directory contains the links of the data on the drive?

Because It lists nothing, nor reading the floppy before listing. Moreover, when I tried to copy all data from it to another dir, it tried to copy the files that were on the previous floppy...now what?
Isn't that refreshing itself? Seemingly not :cry:

Is it me or is it the ghost of the machine?

So what do I do? HELP!

piff

#2 Post by piff »

Okay, I found a way, so I use this until somebody smarter than me tells an alternative:

If I want to change the floppy in the drive, in order to be recognised I go to init 6, then re-mount the /floppy, because there is no unmount command (maybe a separate downloadable util contains it).

It's quite lame, but that's all I could come up with so far.

Any suggestions? A good guess would do either:)

pigah

#3 Post by pigah »

did you try umount?

#4 Post by Guest »

Do you mean every time I change a disk?
(I did not, because I was forcing uNmount, not umount, which did not work :oops: )