Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

about wheezy release date

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
Hallvor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: about wheezy release date

#31 Post by Hallvor »

dasein wrote:
Randicus wrote:I got impatient waiting and upgraded yesterday.
Talk about a bold move! ;)
Yes, he sounds like a real daredevil. It wouldn't surprise me if his hobbies are base jumping, cave diving and bull riding. :lol:
[HowTo] Install and configure Debian bookworm
Debian 12 | KDE Plasma | ThinkPad T440s | 4 × Intel® Core™ i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz | 12 GiB RAM | Mesa Intel® HD Graphics 4400 | 1 TB SSD

Randicus

#32 Post by Randicus »

confuseling wrote: [slaps Randicus' wrist]

Get out of the kitchen! It'll be ready when it's ready!

:)
I'm so reckless. :oops:
Hallvor wrote:Yes, he sounds like a real daredevil.
Oh yes. I have even been known to open the bottom of cereal boxes!

Randicus

#33 Post by Randicus »

One "bug" I have discovered with Whezzy is the installation ISOs. I just bought a new computer, down-loaded the 64-bit Wheezy XFCE CD1 and installed, but it installed Squeeze. :shock:

PeterB

#34 Post by PeterB »

down-loaded the 64-bit Wheezy XFCE CD1 and installed, but it installed Squeeze
Neat & effective way to fix all the upgrade problems I guess. :lol:

Randicus

#35 Post by Randicus »

Up-grade problems? Yeah, I've read about those.
I was expecting problems both installing and up-grading, because my new machine has UEFI and an nVidea GeForce. But once the UEFI settings were changed to Legacy Mode, installation was normal and the system worked fine. During the up-grade, APT warned me that my hardware might require extra firmare not included in the official repositories, but the only problems I had after up-grading were with conky and transparency. My nVida works perfectly without having the non-free repo in my sources list. Either I am very lucky or there is a very small number of computers that cause problems and they have coincidentally all been bought by Debian users.

rupeshforu3

#36 Post by rupeshforu3 »

All the installation dvd's of wheezy stable are not released yet and it will take some time.

Regards,
Rupesh.

rupeshforu3

Re: about installation dvd's

#37 Post by rupeshforu3 »

May I know how many months it would take to get full installation DVDs(a set of ten).

As I am living in a remote area I have to buy finished DVDs and vendors release these DVDs when they are available for download using http,ftp or torrent.

Please do not respond negatively.

Regards,
Rupesh.

4D696B65
Site admin
Site admin

Re: about installation dvd's

#38 Post by 4D696B65 »

rupeshforu3 wrote:May I know how many months it would take to get full installation DVDs(a set of ten).

As I am living in a remote area I have to buy finished DVDs and vendors release these DVDs when they are available for download using http,ftp or torrent.

Please do not respond negatively.

Regards,
Rupesh.
Please stop asking the same question.
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php? ... 44#p496844
We don't build the iso's so we don't know when they will be available.