Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Etch netinst with pppoe. When it will work?

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
Radiera

Etch netinst with pppoe. When it will work?

#1 Post by Radiera »

The ppp kernel modules seem to be buggy. The dhcp eth0 is configured correctly, then the dialogue for pppoe fails at the last step, when he should trigger the connection. Of course that rp-pppoe works fine after a basic install!!!
People, you should realise that many users have pppoe connections. This bug should be solved very fast. It would be very useful for those who want to install sid directly and not get through the "etch to sid upgrade" thingy.

If someone else had problems with pppoe during netinstall, please do post here. I'm tryng to figure out how big this problem is.

meon

#2 Post by meon »

I run into the same problem with netinstall. I have to fetch a cd-image to install first. After that it's usually no problem with connecting. Don't know if I'm not doing the right thing or it just is not meant to work with dynamic IP.

chealer

#3 Post by chealer »

It already works, with a few issues.