Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

No option to move to trash on mounter device

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
uBaLd

No option to move to trash on mounter device

#1 Post by uBaLd »

Using Jessie and the new gnome 3.8 I facing a problem with moving to trash on one of my HD !

I have a SSD and a HD on my desktop and in the folder on my HD I can not move to trash only delete permanently the file. On my SSD witch has the OS everything is correct. I need this to be fix so I can have the del key to move to trash like on my SSD thanks to can-change-accels.

From what I remember it was working before I update to 3.8

Thanks
Debian is the best !
Debian Jessie / Gnome3
Workstation / 2 Xeon E5-2620 / 32GB RAM

robert3242

Re: No option to move to trash on mounter device

#2 Post by robert3242 »

I used to have a problem like that sometimes when I was running KDE as my DE. What I found that fixed the issue for me was to look for a file called "metadata" in both of my trash folders, and to delete that file or those files. I have only one HD, an SATA2 model, of which I use three partitions for my Debian system: one for the root filesystem, one for swap, and one for my personal data. I'm not sure where you'd find such folders using Gnome 3.8, but in my system using Xfce, the trash folder for my home directory, which is part of the root filesystem, is located at ~/.local/share/Trash. On my personal data partition, which I have auto-mounted at /mnt/data, it's found at /mnt/data/.Trash-1000.

Hope that helps.
Debian 7.7 (amd64)/Xfce 4.8

uBaLd

Re: No option to move to trash on mounter device

#3 Post by uBaLd »

Thanks for your reply but I don't have any "metadata" file in the .Trash in ~/.local ther is nothing like this and I don't have any .Trash on my mounted device !!?? Just a question that pup in my mind dos Gnome 3 is starting a war against desktop ? The number of change non desktop friendly that they made is very large!
Debian is the best !
Debian Jessie / Gnome3
Workstation / 2 Xeon E5-2620 / 32GB RAM