Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Idea for the installer.. [UPDATE] [COOL]

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.

Is this a good idea for the installer?

Yes!
78%
No
22%

Total votes: 9

Lavene
Site admin
Site admin

#21 Post by Lavene »

Well... I'll find out a little later. Point is that if the netinstall leaves a CD line it's a bug. If it doesen't it's no problem.

Tina

thamarok

#22 Post by thamarok »

Lavene wrote:Well... I'll find out a little later. Point is that if the netinstall leaves a CD line it's a bug. If it doesen't it's no problem.

Tina
Tina, I'm going to cry :cry:
You didn't say how you like the dialog now... only your opinion matters Tina :( :P

Lavene
Site admin
Site admin

#23 Post by Lavene »

thamarok wrote:Tina, I'm going to cry :cry:
You didn't say how you like the dialog now... only your opinion matters Tina :( :P
Oh my... sorry. Looks good my friend :)

Tina

thamarok

#24 Post by thamarok »

Thanks! :)

aketus

#25 Post by aketus »

Ok...

Finished the install of RC1 netinst under expertgui.

It comments out deb cdrom...
# deb cd rom:[Debian GNU/Linux testing_Etch_ - Official Snapshot i386 NETINST Binary-1 20061215-09:39]/ etch main

but it adds a clone of the deb cdrom underneath it, uncommented!

Then the normal repos follow.

However I don't see this to be a problem, it has done that on my other machines and when I do an update, I'm still not prompted to insert the debian disc.
Bug maybe, but one that does no damage or any problems whatsoever to my machine

thamarok

#26 Post by thamarok »

That's odd!
I installed the daily build of etch on one of my PCs, and there when I do an apt-get update it asks me for the CD :shock:

aketus

#27 Post by aketus »

I notice this in my apt-get update:

Ign cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Etch_ - Official Snapshot i386 NETINST Binary-1 20061215-09:39] etch Release.gpg
Ign cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Etch_ - Official Snapshot i386 NETINST Binary-1 20061215-09:39] etch Release
Ign cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Etch_ - Official Snapshot i386 NETINST Binary-1 20061215-09:39] etch/main Packages/DiffIndex

Whilst it grabs the others. Maybe it's smart enough to ignore the lack of cd in the drive :D

thamarok

#28 Post by thamarok »

:wink: :? :P

Lavene
Site admin
Site admin

#29 Post by Lavene »

And here is the result on my expert install (text based): One commented CD line :shock:

Sooo, we seem to have three different results here... yeay!

Tina

aketus

#30 Post by aketus »

Weird...

thamarok

#31 Post by thamarok »

Maybe because everyone has different systems, the installer understands something probably wrong and gives a different result. But I can't explain what it couldn't understand :?

aketus

#32 Post by aketus »

My girlfriend installed using the latest daily build of Etch RC1 and the same thing happened with her as it did with me. Commented out a cd rom deb, but added one underneath it.

Maybe it's because we're Australian? :)

thamarok

#33 Post by thamarok »

aketus wrote:My girlfriend installed using the latest daily build of Etch RC1 and the same thing happened with her as it did with me. Commented out a cd rom deb, but added one underneath it.

Maybe it's because we're Australian? :)
Good joke :lol: :lol: :lol: