Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Creating a distribution based off Debian and steamOS

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
WeLoveDebian

Re: Creating a distribution based off Debian and steamOS

#16 Post by WeLoveDebian »

bootlessxfly wrote:I noticed this. However, as you said it is in beta. I would think that once they get everything fully worked, the performance would improve. Then again this is an assumption. .
No. This is a totally misconception about how Valve releases software. Once they're out of BETA there WILL still be lots of bugs. Hell, Team Fortress 2 to this day is still buggy, and the "final" release was done more than a year ago.
bootlessxfly wrote: Thanks for the tip. I think you may be right here. It seems using Testing will make my life a whole lot easier. And that is what I have been currently working with.
I didn't mean to stop your project or anything. But the idea of making a new thing out of things that already exist makes no sense. But if you do want to continue with this project then go ahead! :D

dbass81

#17 Post by dbass81 »

Last edited by dbass81 on 2014-06-30 01:09, edited 1 time in total.

TobiSGD

#18 Post by TobiSGD »

dbass81 wrote:I have played both the Windows and Linux ports of Team Fortress 2 and the Linux port is slower (FPS) on my AMD video card. It is also buggier, e.g. missing fonts, etc.
Which driver are you using? The Catalyst driver is known to have problems with certain Source engine games.