Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

autorun of a custom executable

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
gianlucarenzi

autorun of a custom executable

#1 Post by gianlucarenzi »

Hello,
I dont know if this is the right place to ask a question like this but I am going mad on executing As Soon As Possible during boot my custom executable.
My system is a Debian Wheezy (armel) 7.2 (bootstrapped from scratch) running on our custom board based on arm926ej-s processor.
Our board has a bootloader (barebox) which initializes the lcd screen, loading a PNG file from /boot directory and splash it onto screen during boot.
Somewhere in the kernel activation the splash screen disappear (maybe the same buffer is used by Linux and the new framebuffer is empty) so I wrote a little helper using SDL library to load the same PNG file and remains listening on a FIFO to quit itself.

I put those command in a /etc/init.d/fbsplash file:
#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/mkfifo /tmp/myfifo
/sbin/fbsplash /boot/splash.png &

linked to a /etc/rcS.d/S01fbsplash, but it seems not called.

Anybody know why???

There are some rules during boot sequence?

What about to put this into /etc/inittab??? and how???

Regards,
Gianluca Renzi