Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How to mange Debian bugs?

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
shmerl

How to mange Debian bugs?

#1 Post by shmerl »

Debian bug tracking is rather uncomfortable to use in comparison to many Bugzilla-like bug trackers (where you can log into a site and submit / modify bugs). In Debian it's all handled through sending e-mails. Is there any application or site which automates that process a bit? I found a tool for filing bugs (reportbug) which is handy, but I have no idea how to modify or correct a filed bug with it. Any advice?

In general, why doesn't Debian use something less manual for bug tracking?

stevepusser

Re: How to mange Debian bugs?

#2 Post by stevepusser »

Yeah, how about the update to the Wheezy version of Catfish a few days back that completely broke it? I tried to report it, but since I was running a Wheezy derivative, reportbugs did not help. Finally ended up rolling a fixed version ourselves and sticking it in the community repository.
MX Linux packager and developer