Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

When will the 2.6.19 kernels arrive to Debian?? [SOLVED]

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
thamarok

#21 Post by thamarok »

YIPPEEE!!!

I found this link on a Debian Mailinglist:
http://kernel-archive.buildserver.net/d ... linux-2.6/

I see linux-2.6.20!!! :D :D
(ok, too much Super Malt ;))

ajdlinux

#22 Post by ajdlinux »

thamarok wrote:YIPPEEE!!!

I found this link on a Debian Mailinglist:
http://kernel-archive.buildserver.net/d ... linux-2.6/

I see linux-2.6.20!!! :D :D
(ok, too much Super Malt ;))
Yay! You found it!

JFTR that was the unofficial APT repository I mentioned in another thread the other week but couldn't find.
Jabber: xmpp:ajdlinux@jabber.org.au
Spammers, email this: ajdspambucket@exemail.com.au

thamarok

#23 Post by thamarok »

ajdlinux wrote:Yay! You found it!

JFTR that was the unofficial APT repository I mentioned in another thread the other week but couldn't find.
So this is an unofficial one? But I assume the "official" Debian Devs use this for uploading experimental kernels, right?

ajdlinux

#24 Post by ajdlinux »

thamarok wrote:
ajdlinux wrote:Yay! You found it!

So this is an unofficial one? But I assume the "official" Debian Devs use this for uploading experimental kernels, right?
It's unofficial in the same way backports is unofficial - Debian devs use it but it's still not an official Debian repo.
Jabber: xmpp:ajdlinux@jabber.org.au
Spammers, email this: ajdspambucket@exemail.com.au

thamarok

#25 Post by thamarok »

I love this !!!
I don't know why the kernels there are experimental, they work beautifully here :)

thamarok

#26 Post by thamarok »

steve1961 wrote:
thamarok wrote:I have experienced better performance and smoothness with a 2.6.19 kernel.. and Sidux is a little too much in the edge for me..
I'm running etch with the sidux 2.6.19.2-slh-up-1 kernel and it seems to work really well. Just in case of problems, I converted all the entries in fstab and the grub menu to UUID before installing.
How did you do that?