Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Predictive boot at login...possible??

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
dafunk

Predictive boot at login...possible??

#1 Post by dafunk »

Hi!!
I would to ask a question/suggestion if at now it's not just like that....:)
...it possible to start to boot at login page all the configuration or what the os have to load when I start to type my user and password??....or if I have only one user start to boot all the thing before I type the user/psw to speed up the os???
...may be a stupid question or may be not....:-)
thanks in advance and be quite I'm only a user!!

dasein

Re: Predictive boot at login...possible??

#2 Post by dasein »

I'm finding it very hard to understand your question, but here's my best answer(s) to what I think you might be asking...

If there is more than one regular user for this machine, then no, the computer can't possibly guess or otherwise intuit who might want to log in.

However, if this machine is used by one and only one person, you can configure the machine to automatically log that one user in at boot up, no user ID or password required. Google automatic login along with the name of your desktop environment for details.