Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Issue with lb build.

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
robolinux1

Issue with lb build.

#1 Post by robolinux1 »

I have an Issue with lb build.
Please help with telling me how to replace the stock Debian 800 x 75 Install banner with a different banner during the lb build.
Normally I simply look in /usr/share/docs for example scripts, then I know what to do and where to put them in config before
I run lb build.

But Debian 8 has no example scripts and the normal directory for this banner no longer exists either.
The Debian Live Build docs for 8.0 do not provide any information either.

Thank you so very much

John

@zephyr

Re: Issue with lb build.

#2 Post by @zephyr »

@robolinux1: If you are having issues with a live-build, I maybe able to help with missing files if you need. Not sure what exactly but I gather it is with the installer. PM me and I will do what I can to get you up and running. -zephyr
ZephyrLinux

spacex

#3 Post by spacex »

Now you can forget lb all together. It's been high-jacked by some extremely rude and unpleasant people in the Debian-cd team. If that kind of mentality is representative for Debian, then it's reason enough to leave this f...ing dictatorship. Read here to see what's happened:
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugrepo ... bug=804315

And from Daniel:
https://danieltmp.wordpress.com/2015/11 ... bian-live/

This actually f.... up my little distro-project, as I kind of relayed on live-build to build the iso-hybrid. I have a couple of other ways to do it, but they are not ideal for my purpose, so we'll see what happens. I'm not sure I want to be a Debian-derivative after seeing these dictators at work. What provokes me the most, is that they also are so damn nasty about it. No respect or gratitude towards the live-build team who have done this for 10 years.

Iain R. Learmonth and Neil Williams should be knocked down of their high horses. Such behavior shouldn't be accepted anywhere.

@zephyr

#4 Post by @zephyr »

@spacex: Been following this closely for a little while, believed it has caught everybody involved with a live-build off guard and by total surprise.

Devuan has become a reality, although in early stages of development, perhaps the best jumping off point from Debian. Understand they will have a live-build.

Nobody saw this coming because those who implemented the live-build demise crawl too close to the ground. Snakes in the grass, lowly and untrustworthy. If they knew how much collateral damage has been created by this very unfair and still unannounced (by Debian) decision. Pathetic and sneaky lot.

Does anybody really want to have a distro on their computer with these type of people at the wheel, I don't.
ZephyrLinux

spacex

#5 Post by spacex »

I tried Refratcta yesterday, but it removed systemd. Which would be fine, if it wasn't for the fact that I have rewritten a lot of stuff for systemd, and some of that didn't work as expected. Well, I guess I'm at a crossroad..Have to decide whether to stick with Debian, whether to stay on systemd, and what kind of iso-builder I will use...

As for Devuan, I like the fact that it's not systemd as PID 1, but Devuan is old-fashioned in how they handle permissions and root-access, and I hate to fix it every time I install a system. But when Devuan is ready enough to make build from, so that I can make my own respin of it, then it gets interesting. I guess I could do it already, but I don't find Devuan so ready that I'm thinking of releasing a derivative to Devuan quite yet :)