Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Ancient bugs

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
BubuXP

Ancient bugs

#1 Post by BubuXP »

While I was reporting some bugs, I found some very old bugs still floating around that cannot be even reproduced, like this for example:
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugrepo ... bug=302160

Why the package maintainer doesn't close them? It's a normal practice? I don't know if I can close them by myself, but I'm a simple user and I feel like I don't have the rights to do so, even if I could.

What to do?

thanatos_incarnate

Re: Ancient bugs

#2 Post by thanatos_incarnate »

Have you tried this?

BubuXP

#3 Post by BubuXP »

thanatos_incarnate wrote:Have you tried this?
Yes, but searching more carefully I found this, in https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer.en.html#closing
Normally, the only people that should close a bug report are the submitter of the bug and the maintainer(s) of the package against which the bug is filed. There are exceptions to this rule, for example, the bugs filed against unknown packages or certain generic pseudo-packages. When in doubt, don't close bugs, first ask for advice on the debian-devel mailing list.
I will ask to debian-devel mailing list, even if I don't remember if I already did this months ago, without results.

cronoik

#4 Post by cronoik »

Did you get an answer?
Have a nice day!