Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Any Plans for Emoji Keyboard ?

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
oldgeezer

Any Plans for Emoji Keyboard ?

#1 Post by oldgeezer »

I'm running Debian Jessie x86_64.

I use Turpial for most interaction with Twitter, and have been searching for someway to activate an emoji keyboard. I also use Claws Mail, and it would be great to use emoji(s) there also.

I have loaded all distribution emoji programs, but don't see anyway to easily access emoji(s).

Have I missed something in my searches, and any future plans to incorporate this function ?

oldgeezer
:idea:

oldgeezer

Re: Any Plans for Emoji Keyboard ?

#3 Post by oldgeezer »

I followed the above link, and followed most of the suggestions.

However, still has not provided any emoji keyboard on Debian Jessie x86_64.

I've tried an install of Florence virtual keyboard, but settings do not find any of the emoji(s)
which are in /usr/share/fonts as both png & ttf files.

Did a locate florence to see if could find where it was using fonts...took a guess on directory,
and made a symlink from emoji(s)....still no luck.

If I can get "Florence" virtual keyboard to load emoji(s)....then I would have a pop-up keyboard that
would input emoji(s) on both twitter "Turpial Client", and email "Claws Mail" programs.

Anyone have any other ideas ???

oldgeezer
:(