Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian Greek OS

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
Tsunalugi

Debian Greek OS

#1 Post by Tsunalugi »

Hello,

I am thinking to actually make specific Debian program alterations & design specific implementations to a specifically "Debian Greek" OS flavor of the Debian Distribution.

In the context of considerations of sociological concerns & cultural concerns, the number one thing which would help society most is the publication of the Greek Pagan Male Deity Planet Names to compliment the already mostly Female Greek Pagan Deity Lune Names published.

I'd rather not waste time with suggestion of excuse of conjecture hypothetical contexts of separate referenced individuals, while as well it's true that consideration of the Norse, for an example, would prove more success within a context that the published Planet Names were specifically the Greek Pagan Male Deity references which compliment the Greek Pagan Female Deity Lune Names. The contrasted compare of cultural result to the "Norse Greek Pagan" individuals would result with greater success culturally & sociologically.

:)

If other individuals would like to invest some of their time with help with work on the project, feel at liberty to contact me within this forum.

Best Regards.
Long time User of Linux.

With the publication of the Greek Pagan Deity Planet Names, society is more likely to reflect what's appropriate.

Tsunalugi

Greek Pagan Deity Planet Names within Astronomy Programs

#2 Post by Tsunalugi »

Hello,

I have since made the following thread to explain the thread & reasons for the interest.

While it's context that my thread got locked & railed against of a few people within the forums, despite what a few might act ignorant about, really the topic proves profoundly context of programming & should be included in system programming standards & guidelines.
My previous thread is here:
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=129400
The thread got moved to "Offtopic" of "Gary Ricketson" it seems. Previously the thread was within the topic of "Programming", because the thread specifically mentions a
separate distribution.
If I were looking for a totally American team of Programmers, I think that would not be questioned & I really think that various people whom replied to the thread merely did so to show antagonism to the topic of 'discussion'.

The point is, the published Lune Names actually are mostly Greek Pagan Female spouse references for the Male Greek Pagan Deity Names. Within a Kosmological context, the Male Greek Pagan Deity Names actually are context of the Planets, & are not published within Linux Astronomy software to date.
Really, it's of great importance for sociological concerns that the Greek Pagan Deity Planet Names be published for show of honor to what's appropriate & to compliment the consistent culture system of Greek Paganism & the published Greek Pagan Female Deity Lune Names, which are mostly spouse references for the Male Greek Pagan Deities.
The publication of mismatched & false Planet Names actually has incited profoundly evidenced detriments within society.

If a Debian Administrator desired to publish himself married to my spouse, I would be outraged & offended. The publication of false planet names truly is an outrage to society, regardless of whether an individual prefers to practice Greek Paganism. It's about the honor for what's appropriate. The published Female Lune Names actually are the female spouses for the Male Greek Pagan Deities, & the published Planet Names within Linux astronomy software should reflect such.
Last edited by emariz on 2016-08-14 14:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Two directly related threads from the same author were merged.
Long time User of Linux.

With the publication of the Greek Pagan Deity Planet Names, society is more likely to reflect what's appropriate.

stevepusser

Re: Debian Greek OS

#3 Post by stevepusser »

Sigh. I don't know if you noticed, but nobody gives a hoot about your name magic and woo-woo. Maybe you could have figured this out from the massive response to your threads?
If I were looking for a totally American team of Programmers, I think that would not be questioned & I really think that various people whom replied to the thread merely did so to show antagonism to the topic of 'discussion'.
Utter nonsense is still nonsense. I would have objected to any set of names, because it does not make sense. You might as well say you want a distro with software only developed by Wiccans, flat-earthers, or anti-vaxxers. You make a lot of assertions below; do you have any real evidence to back any of them up?

Maybe you should read the Debian Free Software Guidelines and think about if your restrictions would be allowable.
The point is, the published Lune Names actually are mostly Greek Pagan Female spouse references for the Male Greek Pagan Deity Names. Within a Kosmological context, the Male Greek Pagan Deity Names actually are context of the Planets, & are not published within Linux Astronomy software to date.
Really, it's of great importance for sociological concerns that the Greek Pagan Deity Planet Names be published for show of honor to what's appropriate & to compliment the consistent culture system of Greek Paganism & the published Greek Pagan Female Deity Lune Names, which are mostly spouse references for the Male Greek Pagan Deities.
The publication of mismatched & false Planet Names actually has incited profoundly evidenced detriments within society.

If a Debian Administrator desired to publish himself married to my spouse, I would be outraged & offended. The publication of false planet names truly is an outrage to society, regardless of whether an individual prefers to practice Greek Paganism. It's about the honor for what's appropriate. The published Female Lune Names actually are the female spouses for the Male Greek Pagan Deities, & the published Planet Names within Linux astronomy software should reflect such.
MX Linux packager and developer

JLloyd13

#4 Post by JLloyd13 »

Maybe you ought to talk to people who actually care about Greek pagen names.. I seriously doubt many of the Debian users and programmers around here do. Your belief an entire distribution needs to be created simply to satisfy your belief that some program using the wrong Greek names seems like a belief very few people are likely to share with you.
Laptop: Debian GNU/Linux 9 'Stretch' 64bit
Read: https://wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian/
We are the Universal OS. Be patient, give help, teach the Debian way.

dasein

#5 Post by dasein »

stevepusser wrote:You might as well say you want a distro with software only developed by Wiccans, flat-earthers, or anti-vaxxers.
I want a distro with software developed exclusively by left-handed, flat-earther, anti-vaxxer Wiccans. But only those born on Wednesday (Odin be praised). :mrgreen:

Tsunalugi

#6 Post by Tsunalugi »

Well, to attempt to actually depict the scenario within an allegorically depicted evidential,

If the Planet & its' population actually were allegorically referenced a large ship with the individuals of the population being of separately distinct roles & contexts, then the publication of the false names of the planets are an evidence that the ship has been invaded of an illegitimate group. So, the individuals named "Jason" actually would be like the Captains, the individuals named "Ray" & other Areis name similarities would be similar the Security Officers, etc.

With the publication of the Greek Pagan Deity Name Similarities, it's more likely that sociological contexts will reflect what's appropriate & true.

integer thelocalkosmostrulyisjustgreekpagan = TRUE;
Long time User of Linux.

NFT5
df -h | grep > 20TiB
df -h | grep > 20TiB

#8 Post by NFT5 »

Nailed it in the very first paragraph.
consists of seemingly impressive assertions that are presented as true and meaningful but are actually vacuous.

RoyFokker

#9 Post by RoyFokker »

Debian welcomes crazy but the Debian approved brand of crazy. Which would be collecting a motley collection of half decade or so old software in stable much of which doesn't work well since alot of immature software projects have since seen alot of development. One example would be the the dvd authoring front-end devede which in its ancient stable version cannot preserve aspect ratios well, crops out the image, etc. I wonder how many years upstream has spent making that program work better?

Now the crazy you advocate, something about Greek names is an unwelcome brand of crazy.

RU55EL

#10 Post by RU55EL »

It's all Greek to me...

pkladisios

#11 Post by pkladisios »

I'm actually greek and don't care about pagan greek names!

ralph.ronnquist

#12 Post by ralph.ronnquist »

@dasein, thanks!

stevepusser

#13 Post by stevepusser »

Are the invisible wizards in the sky going to throw lightning bolts at us if we don't program our computers the way they like?

Seriously :roll:
MX Linux packager and developer

GarryRicketson

#14 Post by GarryRicketson »

Probably