Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Release update for Etch & the RC bug count confusion

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
plugwash

#21 Post by plugwash »

not a great deal but anyway it seems the release team has finally said enough is enough. If you look through the detailed list on the turmzimmer site you will find most of them have comments saying they only affect sid. I belive cd images of etch r0 are being built as we speak.

btw the best way to get up to date info on the release progress atmis to lurk in #debian-release, don't say anything just watch what the release team are saying to each other.

Lux

#22 Post by Lux »

plugwash wrote:I belive cd images of etch r0 are being built as we speak.
Excellent. :)

It's about time to get the release out and move on. There hasn't been any changes on the download mirrors yet...
Last edited by Lux on 2007-04-07 22:31, edited 1 time in total.
"Hit the philistines three times over the head with the Elisp reference manual."
-- Michael A. Petonic --

GMouse

#23 Post by GMouse »

http://release.debian.org/etch-timeline

Looks like the release is tomorrow.

Lux

#24 Post by Lux »

Oh yeah!

Debian 4.0 r0 has now hit the download mirrors. :D
"Hit the philistines three times over the head with the Elisp reference manual."
-- Michael A. Petonic --

chealer

#25 Post by chealer »

Lux wrote: what was the fifth?
Lux wrote: Thanks for pointing out the correct terminology ("uploading" vs. "transitioning"). But now I'm curious: what's the technical difference between "uploading" and "transitioning" packages to some archive? Or is there any?
For example, if you look at the changelog of a package in testing, the changelog will mention only unstable as a target release (or testing-proposed-updates) in rare cases.

bkline

#26 Post by bkline »

Lux wrote:The "Unofficial RC bugs count" still shows 17 open bugs ....
I see that this number has climbed all the way back up to 69, which seems ominous. Any idea what's going on?

Bob

plugwash

#27 Post by plugwash »

presumablly the site is now showing issues for lenny, that is etch-ignore will no longer count

also the flurry of upgrades and installs following the release will undoubtablly have dragged up some issues.

bkline

#28 Post by bkline »

plugwash wrote:presumablly the site is now showing issues for lenny, that is etch-ignore will no longer count
Actually, the link I referenced has "bydist=etch" in it.

Cheers,
Bob

plugwash

#29 Post by plugwash »

well there is a large number of bugs relating to dropping php4 for lenny in the list, theese are targeted at lenny but of course etch has the same versions of theese packages as lenny so they show for it too.

also it may no longer be processing etch ignore i'm not sure