Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian Package management - Solved

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
protocoder

Debian Package management - Solved

#1 Post by protocoder »

Hi Experts

Is there a document where I can automatically update hundreds of packages, open the packages, add and remove binaries, add patch work and build these packages in Ubuntu.

Is there a document which explains me what packages build require what kind of compiler flag setting and automatically find if there are issues from upstream in any of the binaries considered.

Thanks in advance
Protocoder
Last edited by protocoder on 2018-07-09 11:30, edited 1 time in total.

debiman

Re: Debian Package management

#3 Post by debiman »

^ well there is that.
protocoder wrote:Is there a document where I can automatically update hundreds of packages, open the packages, add and remove binaries, add patch work and build these packages in Ubuntu.

Is there a document which explains me what packages build require what kind of compiler flag setting and automatically find if there are issues from upstream in any of the binaries considered.
documents don't update packages.
i suspect you are looking for documentation on how to achieve some task. yes, documentation exists. in abundance.
some of (a lot) on your machine, some on debian wiki, some on the application's wiki, and then there's the wild web with wonderful stackoverflow answers etc.
did you?

protocoder

#4 Post by protocoder »

Thanks debiman
I am looking for documents to help me do the job. Yes I could google and i get a lot but If I have a few links blessed by you as good, i will find the rest. Please could be send me some links.

Wheelerof4te

#5 Post by Wheelerof4te »

You are running Ubuntu, so why don't you post the same question on Ubuntu Forums, as it's asked of you?
Users here don't do the support for Ubuntu, Debian-related or not.
Even if I were to provide you with the documentation, it would be only relevant to Debian.

stevepusser

#6 Post by stevepusser »

I can build Ubuntu packages on my Debian-based system using pbuilder...or in the cloud using the openSUSE Build Service. example: https://build.opensuse.org/package/show ... ts-symbola

A pure Ubuntu user might prefer a PPA instead. I'm still learning how to use pbuilder, but It's pretty simple to add and remove third-party repos to a vanilla Debian pbuild environment to make it a Debian derivative like MX Linux, then revert back to pure Debian, so I assume the same thing would apply to Ubuntu pbuilds if you wanted to convert it to Mint.

I can't think of a way to automatically find all the bugs, unless you're talking about just reported bugs, in which case apt-listbugs could be your answer.
MX Linux packager and developer

debiman

#7 Post by debiman »

protocoder wrote:Please could be send me some links.
effectively i already did, please read my last post again.

protocoder

#8 Post by protocoder »

@Debiman Thank you, I will explore. Thank you.

@stevepusser: Thank you, our work machines are Ubuntu and we work on Debian packages (new).. It is so much time consuming as each package build need different flag setting etc and build issues exploration etc

@Wheelerof4te: Ubuntu is our work machines, we need to work on Debian packages (about 200+ packages) to build and create image.

Thanks all much appreciated.

protocoder

#9 Post by protocoder »

How to mark this question as answered. Sorry novice around.

arzgi

#10 Post by arzgi »

protocoder wrote:How to mark this question as answered. Sorry novice around.
Edit your first of the thread, then add SOLVED in front of the header.

debiman

#11 Post by debiman »

protocoder wrote:How to mark this question as answered. Sorry novice around.
how did you solve it?
please give back to the community by sharing your solution. others will benefit.