Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How to Port Debian to a new architecture?

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
cuckooflew

Re: How to Port Debian to a new architecture?

#16 Post by cuckooflew »

I also suggest that you don't derail your own topic with this kind of nonsense:
by Michele13 »
I sincerely don't like your attitude, this is not the kind of behavior that you should have with someone who just approached to the forum. In such a manner you can drive users away from here and they could have a bad impression of the whole community.
First , nobody cares if you like our/their attitude or not, Second, someone so narrow minded ,as to judge the entire community based on the manner of 2 or 3 persons that they are "driven away", when in fact they just go away on their own,... well it is best when they just go away.
Did you read this: Please Read.. What we expect you have already Done., when you first joined the forum ? If you have not read it, you really should.
1) We expect that you have used Google or another search engine to find your answer.
In away this first line is humorous, Obviously if the person used a search engine to find their answer, they would not need to ask here, or anywhere else,... so go figure... But read the rest, if you want to undersand a little about our "philosophy" ,... :mrgreen:
And remember, I showed you a command, that you would have used , if you had read the manual,..remember ?
Michele13 »I think that Dpkg has a list of supported architettures, what should I do to add mine?
Key words " I think",... If you had read the manual, you would have said "I know",.... the other part :
what should I do to add mine?
Was answered when I did a search, keywords "How to add a new architecture to dpkg ? "
The first hit: https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Dpkg/FAQ
and the index showed, https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Dpkg/FAQ# ... ectures.3F
So, don't derail your own topic, calling people rude, and trying to BS us, claiming you tried to find information doing searches,... We know the information will come up if we do some good search foo, that is how we find the information we need to solve our problems and in many cases the problems others have as well. Learning how to search data bases, is probably the first thing you need to learn, ....heck , even on my PC, I have so much info and documentation, I can not possibly remember it all, and it goes back as far as mid 19080's, so we need to learn not just to use google, but also search the data bases on our systems, they are filled with info, EG : the manual, and a command:

Code: Select all

$ dpkg-architecture -L 
, so I know, dpkg has a list, and it is a very BIG list,.....
Last edited by cuckooflew on 2020-05-18 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
Please Read What we expect you have already Done
Search Engines know a lot, and
"If God had wanted computers to work all the time, He wouldn't have invented RESET buttons"
and
Just say NO to help vampires!

cuckooflew

Re: How to Port Debian to a new architecture?

#17 Post by cuckooflew »

Michele13 » Certain peolple might need a hand to learn how to do something.
Oh, and another thing..Actually not just "certain people", most , probably everyone needs a hand, that is why we have schools and teachers, that is why we put our documentation on a webserver, (online), but saddly so many clueless teachers and clueless students , remain clueless , because they never learn or teach , "How to use a search engine" nor "how to search a data base".
It is also why Debian.org has a mentor program, where those trying to learn these things can ask for a mentor, and start working with the mentor and other developers, packagers, etc. I am NOT going to give you any more hand holding and hand outs, if you are serious, I still have my doubts, but for someone else that is really serious, go practice your search foo, the words Debian and mentors is all you need to find out more, if you really try.
Please Read What we expect you have already Done
Search Engines know a lot, and
"If God had wanted computers to work all the time, He wouldn't have invented RESET buttons"
and
Just say NO to help vampires!