Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

xorg in debian testing!

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
Terje

xorg in debian testing!

#1 Post by Terje »

Today when I did my daily update-upgrade I noticed debian has added xorg packages to testing!

Update: Now checked to official debian irc channel and topic agrees with me:

Code: Select all

X.org is in sid and etch (and /msg dpkg xorg sarge) 
Registered Linux user number 391283.

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity.

mikekgr

#2 Post by mikekgr »

Dear Terje,
I am thinking to dist-upgrade my testing so to get X.org.
Do you believe that this could be possible break my system or to have related problems ???

Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis

Jeroen
Debian Developer, Site Admin
Debian Developer, Site Admin

#3 Post by Jeroen »

Using testing and unstable *always* has the risk of breaking things. It shouldn't happen, but it can happen.

Keep in mind that if you're running unstable, and less so when running testing, but still, are one of the pioneer users for those packages in Debian.

That said, I don't *expect* a problem.

mikekgr

#4 Post by mikekgr »

Dear Mr. Jeroen,
thanks for your answer.
Yes in my case, I have sarge installed, but I keep my eyes on testing too. I know this is a bit risky some times, but... I do love to install leading edge packages/programs as many of the people here.

Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis