[knetworkmanager] A little question about a bug

News and discussion about development of the Debian OS itself

[knetworkmanager] A little question about a bug

Postby Annagul » 2007-09-12 21:30

Hi,

First of all, sorry for my english. If you see a "bug", please, fix me! :wink:

I installed network-manager-kde on etch, but I suffer the #427171 bug [1] (it hang querying kwallet during start up). I had read the bug report and I see it's fixed with 0.2 release from knetworkmanager devs. The bug is closed by this reason, it's ok.

My question is: what about etch? I know Debian stable version is "frozen" with the package versions it provides, and there's only bug fixes from repositories. Would I add testing repositories to source.list to install the 0.2 version? What do you think?

Thanks you.

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=427171
Annagul

Postby rickh » 2007-09-12 21:49

Looks to me like you'd have to install the newer libc6 in order to do that upgrade. On Etch, that is a deal breaker.

If I were you, I'd just upgrade to Lenny, assuming this is a personal home-desktop type of system.
Debian-Lenny/Sid 32/64
Desktop: Generic Core 2 Duo, EVGA 680i, Nvidia
Laptop: Generic Intel SIS/AC97
rickh

Postby Annagul » 2007-09-12 22:37

rickh wrote:Looks to me like you'd have to install the newer libc6 in order to do that upgrade. On Etch, that is a deal breaker.

Wow! I don't know it's was too hard :( So, the only workaround I found is kill the knetworkmanager process (it's what they said on the bug page)

rickh wrote:If I were you, I'd just upgrade to Lenny, assuming this is a personal home-desktop type of system.

Well, you are right, I use a home-desktop system now. But, although I used testing very years ago, I prefer install and use stable today on my laptop because this is the branch I install to my clients.

Thanks you for all.
Annagul

Return to Debian Development