.

News and discussion about development of the Debian OS itself

.

Postby llivv » 2008-01-07 13:45

'
Last edited by llivv on 2019-02-17 11:20, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
llivv
 
Posts: 5488
Joined: 2007-02-14 18:10
Location: cold storage

Postby llivv » 2008-01-26 14:23

'
Last edited by llivv on 2019-02-17 11:20, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
llivv
 
Posts: 5488
Joined: 2007-02-14 18:10
Location: cold storage

Postby Telemachus » 2008-01-26 14:41

Minefield - not the world's most encouraging name for a piece of software. Funny, though.
User avatar
Telemachus
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: 2006-12-25 15:53

Postby llivv » 2008-01-26 15:37

'
Last edited by llivv on 2019-02-17 11:21, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
llivv
 
Posts: 5488
Joined: 2007-02-14 18:10
Location: cold storage

Postby Hadret » 2008-01-30 09:49

Is there x86_64 version around somewhere? ;)
Also, Swiftfox looks like it's based on the bleeding edge of Firefox? (:
User avatar
Hadret
 
Posts: 354
Joined: 2007-07-19 13:04
Location: Berlin

Postby AdeBe » 2008-01-30 09:58

Swiftweasel: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=195473
is optimised version of FF which is also open :D
KDE and silence I'll kill you! ;-)
AdeBe
 
Posts: 46
Joined: 2008-01-07 23:03
Location: Poland

Postby Hadret » 2008-01-30 10:07

AdeBe wrote:Swiftweasel: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=195473
is optimised version of FF which is also open :D


Oh! And there's even athlon64 (64-bit) version! Thank You! :)
User avatar
Hadret
 
Posts: 354
Joined: 2007-07-19 13:04
Location: Berlin

Postby llivv » 2008-01-30 17:51

'
Last edited by llivv on 2019-02-17 11:21, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
llivv
 
Posts: 5488
Joined: 2007-02-14 18:10
Location: cold storage

Postby llivv » 2008-01-30 18:32

opsss
I still had minefield running in another desktop while posting about swiftfox above.

After closing the running minefield, swiftfox looks fully operational and branded as swiftfox as well.

At least everything I posted above as not working, is working fine now .

This makes sense too, because whenever I've tried to open a second instance of iceweasel from the wm menu it just adds another tab to the instance of iceweasel already running.
Whereas Opera and Netscape will open a second instance of the application.
User avatar
llivv
 
Posts: 5488
Joined: 2007-02-14 18:10
Location: cold storage

Postby Hadret » 2008-01-30 21:36

Swiftfox doesn't look very well in my Debian - I have no idea why. Swiftweasel looks and works just fine. I'm missing few extensions, mouse gestures the most :(
User avatar
Hadret
 
Posts: 354
Joined: 2007-07-19 13:04
Location: Berlin

Postby Jackiebrown » 2008-01-31 00:17

Hadret wrote:Swiftfox doesn't look very well in my Debian - I have no idea why. Swiftweasel looks and works just fine. I'm missing few extensions, mouse gestures the most :(


If you are refering to firefox 3 (in regards to the mouse guestures) you can try http://www.mousegestures.org/
User avatar
Jackiebrown
 
Posts: 1276
Joined: 2007-01-02 04:46
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: firefox 3

Postby garrincha » 2008-01-31 01:29

Installing Firefox 3 Beta 2

Please note that installing Firefox 3 Beta 2 will overwrite your existing installation of Firefox. You won't lose any of your bookmarks or browsing history, but some of your extensions and other add-ons might not work until updates for them are made available.


:lol:
Maurice Green on Usain Bolt's 9.58: "The Earth stopped for a second, and he went to Mars."
User avatar
garrincha
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: 2006-06-02 16:38

Re: firefox 3

Postby Hadret » 2008-01-31 14:06

garrincha wrote::lol:


Well, if You're using Swiftfox/Swiftweasel installation, than this won't happen. If You'll be careful enough and launch Firefox 3b2 with --profilemanager and create new account especially for this version (for tests for example), than this won't happen neither (:
User avatar
Hadret
 
Posts: 354
Joined: 2007-07-19 13:04
Location: Berlin

Re: firefox 3

Postby garrincha » 2008-01-31 16:12

Hadret wrote:
garrincha wrote::lol:


Well, if You're using Swiftfox/Swiftweasel installation, than this won't happen. If You'll be careful enough and launch Firefox 3b2 with --profilemanager and create new account especially for this version (for tests for example), than this won't happen neither (:


Yeah this is true. just that there need to be a disclaimer for a few ignorant people who will probably dive in head first only to come out bawling that it messed up their default Iceweasel/Firefox 2.0+ configurations.

Swiftweasel, huh? :lol: Never knew that.
Maurice Green on Usain Bolt's 9.58: "The Earth stopped for a second, and he went to Mars."
User avatar
garrincha
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: 2006-06-02 16:38

Postby Hadret » 2008-01-31 17:10

Jackiebrown wrote:If you are refering to firefox 3 (in regards to the mouse guestures) you can try http://www.mousegestures.org/


Thank you, works flawlessly (:

garrincha wrote:Yeah this is true. just that there need to be a disclaimer for a few ignorant people who will probably dive in head first only to come out bawling that it messed up their default Iceweasel/Firefox 2.0+ configurations.


I believe there is disclaimer, it can be found on Mozilla Links for example:

Beta 2 is not recommended for general consumption but for developers and enthusiasts. If you want to try it, I’d suggest backing up your profile folder before installing it just to be 100% safe.


Basically, every testing Firefox isn't "recommended" for "normal users", so Mozilla always can say: "ha, didn't we warn ya?" (:

garrincha wrote:Swiftweasel, huh? :lol: Never knew that.


Me either, but it works just fine and it didn't argue with pre-installed Iceweasel (:
User avatar
Hadret
 
Posts: 354
Joined: 2007-07-19 13:04
Location: Berlin

Next

Return to Debian Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

fashionable