Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Building Lupin support into Debian

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
mohit99

Building Lupin support into Debian

#1 Post by mohit99 »

Hi,

Has anyone tried building Lupin into Debian???

BioTube

#2 Post by BioTube »

As in Wubi?
Ludwig von Mises wrote:The elite should be supreme by virtue of persuasion, not by the assistance of firing squads.

mohit99

#3 Post by mohit99 »

yes as in Wubi. the Lupin page(http://launchpad.net/lupin) says it works for Ubuntu and other Debian based distributions. So i was wondering if anyone has tried to get it to work on Debian.

BioTube

#4 Post by BioTube »

AFAIK, the closest thing there is in Debian is w32-loader, which just does a normal install. I see no reason why, though, Wubi can't be easily ported to install Debian.
Ludwig von Mises wrote:The elite should be supreme by virtue of persuasion, not by the assistance of firing squads.

mohit99

#5 Post by mohit99 »

yup the win32-loader is smart way to install Debian in a dualboot env. However,the magic of WUBI is in its support for treating a loopmounted file the root file system, and Lupin is how this is achieved. Trouble is Lupin has been merged into Ubuntu and the changes have not been merged into Debian. You can get lupin source here https://code.launchpad.net/lupin .Anyone working on this?

BioTube

#6 Post by BioTube »

I'd venture to say no since the loop interface is inherently less stable(and Debian is all about stability).