Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

PulseAudio for the new Debian release?

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
@ndreX!

PulseAudio for the new Debian release?

#1 Post by @ndreX! »

Excuse me but i've noted that other Distros (SuSE, Mandriva, etc) have the "PulseAudio" like audio server by default, this will the same for the new release of Debian?

The question it's because, i have many issues with this server audio, my machine turns very slow, some times crashes, or whatever. Right now i have Debian "Etch" without alterations, and i strongly think in upgrade my dist... but i need to know if "PulseAudio" comes by default.

Regards.

MeanDean

#2 Post by MeanDean »

You can always choose to not use it and/or remove it if it does get installed.

Are you going to upgrade your system using the internet or reinstall your system using lenny media?

Nobody does a default install of debian anyway... :wink:

BioTube

#3 Post by BioTube »

I thought a default install was kernel+bash&pals+apt+dpkg. Are you telling me it isn't?!?
Ludwig von Mises wrote:The elite should be supreme by virtue of persuasion, not by the assistance of firing squads.