Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

updating from sarge 3.1 to 3.1r1

User discussion about Debian Development, Debian Project News and Announcements. Not for support questions.
Chuck_Strut

updating from sarge 3.1 to 3.1r1

#1 Post by Chuck_Strut »

Hi guys

I have downloaded the whole of debian Sarge 3.1 all 14 CD I just want to get the update of 3.1r1 without downloading each package. So if there is just one package in tar.gz or deb file I fetch.
I have a network of 12 debian PC they need to pull all the updates from one machine that gets all the updates. However this machine is not connected to the internet as yet. So I only have a windows machine that is not connected to the network but is connected to the internet.
I so need to put all the Sarge cd on the one pc then up date that list with the new 3.1r1 then edit atp to piot to the loaction on all pc.
Please help

anon

#2 Post by anon »

Don't really know but http://www.deb-downloader.org/overview.php?lang=en
to get the files and apt-proxy to distribute?

Chuck_Strut

#3 Post by Chuck_Strut »

Then how do i go about storing the 14 cd's on my hard drive.

dawgie

#4 Post by dawgie »

Chuck_Strut wrote:Then how do i go about storing the 14 cd's on my hard drive.
make a directory for each CD

# mkdir /cds/cd1
copy the cd contents to the directory
add an line to your /etc/apt/sources.list file for each directory to match your directory name like this:

Code: Select all

deb file:///cds/cd1/
then update your sources:
# apt-get update